We are very happy to announce a very exciting new chapter for County Sales. We have moved from warehouse location on Talley’s Alley in Floyd, VA up to the “main street”, 117 South Locust Street in Floyd, VA. Though this is bittersweet, as we understand that the Talley’s Alley location has been the home of County Sales since 1974 and so many of us have fond memories of searching for our favorite recordings there. We are also excited to open this new location which will serve as both a warehouse to collect and ship out your favorite recordings all around the world, while providing a much more welcoming home that will be open more regularly and will attract more visitors to come and shop for this great music.
The location is right across from the Floyd Country Store, world famous for its music and dancing (as well as great food!) and there are many complimentary activities developing between the two organizations. The Floyd Country Store and County Sales are major venues on the Crooked Road and we look forward to strengthening the relationship.
For example, we have our Grand Opening event April 11 - 13, 2019 and we hope you can join us. It will feature concerts and dances by artists such as Larry Sparks & The Lonesome Ramblers and The New Ballards Branch Bogtrotters and so many more! These events will be hosted at The Floyd Country Store but the artists will be coming by the County Sales store to do meet and greets and hang out. Plus we will have music all day Saturday outside of County Sales just like Dave Freeman used to do back in the day! We will have great deals on many of the County Sales catalog and we look forward to seeing everyone in person. So we hope you can join us in Floyd the weekend of April 11 - 13, 2019.
Here is the full listing of great entertainment!
Thursday April 11, 2019
- 5:00 PM - Meet & Greet with Larry Sparks at County Sales
- 7:30 PM - Concert with Larry Sparks & The Lonesome Ramblers at The Floyd Country Store *
Friday, April 12, 2019
- 5:00 PM - Victrola DJ Party w/ Kinney Rorrer and Joe“Bass” DeJarnette
- 6:30 PM - Gate 10 at The Floyd Country Store *
- 7:30 - 10:30 PM - Mountain Park Old Time Band at The Floyd Country Store *
Saturday, April 13, 2019
*Music at Community Market Stage & Floyd Country Store
- Community Market Stage
- 1:00 PM - Larry Sigmon & Martha Spencer
- 2:00 PM - Wound Tight
- 3:00 PM - Twin Creeks Stringband w/ Eddie Bond
- 4:00 PM - Gap Civil
- 5:00 PM – Mountain Locomotive (Mac Traynham, Trish Fore and Chester McMillian)
- 6:00 PM - Deer Creek Boys
- American Afternoons at The Floyd Country Store
- 12:00 PM - Janet Turner at Floyd Country Store
- 1:00 PM - Amber Kalber & Scott Patrick at Floyd Country Store
- 2:00 PM - Route 8 Ramblers
- 7:30 PM - New Ballards Branch Bogtrotters at The Floyd Country Store
- Handmade Music School Workshops:
- 1:00 PM - Adam Tanner Old Time Mandolin Workshop *
- 3:30 PM - Adam Tanner Bluegrass Mandolin Workshop *
- 5:30 PM - Gina Dilg Flatfooting Dance Workshop *
*schedule subject to slight changes